With the release of the Intel® microarchitecture formerly known as Haswell, the next generation of computing devices can get even faster, thinner, and lighter, while performing substantially better than before. From multitasking to multimedia, you’ll enjoy dramatic improvements in graphics and media processing, battery life, and online security, among other benefits. See how this new platform transforms multiple product lines, starting with devices featuring 4th gen Intel® Core™ processors.
The new platform not only scales to the demands of tablets, desktop PCs, and other devices, its more energy-efficient structure improves battery life. That means greater mobility with zero compromise in performance. In Ultrabook™ devices, for example, you’ll see slimmer, more stylish designs—many featuring touch-screen and voice functionality—in a wide range of convertible and detachable models.
Experience HD movies, stunning photos, and immersive 3D games with a suite of visual enhancements built into new Intel Core processors—no extra hardware required. Intel® Graphics Technology and other built-in visuals1 perform advanced media processing and graphics-heavy applications, and support the latest devices that stream ultra-high 4K-resolution content. It’s all great news for high-quality video and audio with 4th gen Intel® Wireless Display (Intel® WiDi), which lets you wirelessly stream all the things you love—movies, photos, websites, and more—live from a range of devices directly to your HDTV.
New Intel® Core™ processors deliver deeper protection for some of the most secure online experiences to date. Built-in security provides multiple lines of defense that go beyond the operating system. Among them, technologies such as Intel® Identity Protection Technology and Intel® Anti-Theft Technology protect your identity and access to your personal data at the processor level, and work in conjunction with additional safeguards such as McAfee LiveSafe™ to keep you and your data safe.
A variety of smart features take you from zero to go in no time, while quickly adapting to your needs. Get up and running quickly and enjoy faster resume times with Intel® Rapid Start Technology. Wait less with faster access to the files and applications you use most with Intel® Smart Response Technology.2 Enjoy the thrill of an automatic burst of speed when you need it with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0.3 And effortlessly move between applications with smart multitasking delivered by Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology).4
For the mobile user, this new platform yields one of the biggest improvements in battery life (compared to previous generations) in Intel company history. And with features like Intel® Smart Connect Technology,5 you can stay current with automatic, no-wait updates to your email, social networks, news, and more. All your favorite content is right there, wherever you go, delivered by Intel® wireless technology.
1. Built-in visual features are not enabled on all PCs, and optimized software may be required. Check with your system manufacturer. Learn more at www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/visual-technology/intel-visual-technology-consumer.html.
2. Requires a select Intel® processor, enabled chipset, Intel® Rapid Storage Technology software, and a properly configured hybrid drive (HDD + small SSD). Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
3. Requires a system with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology. Intel Turbo Boost Technology and Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 are only available on select Intel® processors. Consult your PC manufacturer. Performance varies depending on hardware, software, and system configuration. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.
4. Available on select Intel® Core™ processors. Requires an Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) enabled system. Consult your PC manufacturer. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software used. For more information including details on which processors support HT Technology, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/hyper-threading/hyper-threading-technology.html.
5. Intel® Smart Connect Technology requires a select Intel® processor, Intel® software and BIOS update, Intel® Wireless adapter, and Internet connectivity. Solid-state memory or drive equivalent may be required. Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.