Intel® Xeon® Processor E7-8800 Product Family
Intel® Xeon® processor E7-8800 product family
Exceptional scalable performance with advanced reliability for your most data-demanding applications and intelligent performance that automatically adapts to the diverse needs of a virtualized environment.
Enterprise resource planning (ERP) server
E-Commerce / Java* / Application server
General purpose server
Additional information: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
1. Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel® microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark* and MobileMark*, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations, and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products.
2. Intel does not control or audit the design or implementation of third party benchmarks or websites referenced in this document. Intel encourages all of its customers to visit the referenced websites or others where similar performance benchmarks are reported and confirm whether the referenced benchmarks are accurate and reflect performance of systems available for purchase.
3. Relative performance for each benchmark is calculated by taking the actual benchmark result for the first platform tested and assigning it a value of 1.0 as a baseline. Relative performance for the remaining platforms tested was calculated by dividing the actual benchmark result for the baseline platform into each of the specific benchmark results of each of the other platforms and assigning them a relative performance number that correlates with the performance improvements reported.
4. SPEC*, SPECint*, SPECfp*, SPECjbb*, SPECjEnterprise*, SPECompM*, SPECompL*, SPECvirt_sc*, and SPECmpi* are trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation. See www.spec.org for more information.
5. TPC Benchmark* is a trademark of the Transaction Processing Council. See www.tpc.org for more information.
6. VMware is a registered trademark and VMmark is a trademark of VMware, Inc.
7. Intel® AES New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI) requires a computer system with an Intel® AES-NI enabled processor, as well as non-Intel software to execute the instructions in the correct sequence. For availability, consult your reseller or system manufacturer. For more information, see software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-advanced-encryption-standard-instructions-aes-ni/.
8. Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) requires an Intel® HT Technology enabled system, check with your PC manufacturer. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software used. Intel® HT Technology is available on select Intel® processors. For more information including details on which processors support Intel® HT Technology, visit www.intel.com/info/hyperthreading.
9. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology requires a platform with a processor with Intel Turbo Boost Technology capability. Intel Turbo Boost Technology performance varies depending on hardware, software, and overall system configuration. Check with your platform manufacturer on whether your system delivers Intel Turbo Boost Technology. For more information, see www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.
10. Intel® Virtualization Technology requires a computer system with an enabled Intel® processor, BIOS, and virtual machine monitor (VMM). Functionality, performance, or other benefits will vary depending on hardware and software configurations. Software applications may not be compatible with all operating systems. Consult your PC manufacturer. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/virtualization/virtualization-technology/hardware-assist-virtualization-technology.html.
11. Intel® processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details.