This guide explains how building data center infrastructure on the Intel® Xeon® processor E5 v3 product family can support new and innovative services such as virtualization, cloud computing, and big data analytics by:
• Providing a platform for accelerated performance of compute, networking, and storage infrastructure
• Boosting server performance to support high-compute applications, handle more data, and manage greater virtual machine density
• Supporting unified networking through 10 and 40 gigabit Ethernet solutions that simplify data center infrastructure and provide greater speed and bandwidth
• Scaling out storage cost-effectively for virtualized and cloud environments
• Protecting data and infrastructure by encouraging pervasive encryption and creating trusted environments for virtualized and cloud computing
• Optimizing power in the data center with orchestrated control at the server, rack, row, and data center level.