Intel® 82579V/LM Gigabit Ethernet PHY
The Intel® 82579 Gigabit Ethernet PHY is single port, and it connects to the platform’s integrated media access controller (MAC) through a dedicated interconnect. The 82579 supports operation at data rates of 1000/100/10 Mb/s. The PHY circuitry provides a standard IEEE 802.3 Ethernet interface for 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 10BASE-T applications (802.3, 802.3u, and 802.3ab).
- Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) IEEE802.3az support (Low-Power Idle (LPI) mode)
- Supports up to 9K jumbo frames (full duplex)
- Reduced power consumption during normal operation and power down modes
- Integrated Intel® Auto Connect Battery Saver (Intel® ACBS)
- Dual interconnect between the Integrated LAN Controller¹ and physical layer (PHY):
- PCIe*-based interface for active state operation (S0 state)
- SMBus for host and management traffic (Sx low power state)
¹ The integrated LAN controller is incorporated into the Intel® 6 Series Express Chipsets.
Intel® EDC support
Access technical and sales assistance, register for an intel EDC account, or manage your account.Contact us >