SSD vs HDD - Intel® SSD for High Performance
A high performance alternative to the hard drive
The Fast Hard Drive Alternative
Intel® Solid-State Drives (Intel® SSDs) are tested and validated on the latest Intel®-based laptop and desktop platforms, and offer breakthrough storage performance to let you launch PC applications faster, and more easily. Boost your PC to the next level in performance, and worry-free reliability with an Intel® SSD.
Rugged & Reliable
Built to withstand bumps and shocks without losing precious data, Intel® SSDs are your dependable, high-performance alternative to traditional hard drives. With no noise, no moving parts, and no drama, you can trust your personal content to the beautiful silence of a rugged, reliable, and energy-efficient Intel® SSD.
A Better Choice
- Up to 66-percent faster PC responsiveness compared to hard drives1
- Faster boot-up, application launch, and re-loading
- No moving parts for higher reliability and longer life span
- Rugged enough to withstand bumps and shocks without losing precious data
- Lower power consumption extends battery life so you stay mobile longer
1. As measured by PCMark Vantage*. Performance tests and ratings measured using a Toshiba A305-S6916* laptop with 80 GB 2.5" Intel® X25-M SATA Solid-State Drive and 320 GB Hitachi* SATA Hard Disk Drive. Tests reflect approximate performance of Intel® products as measured by those tests. Any difference in system hardware, software, or configuration may affect actual performance. Buyers should consult other sources of information to evaluate performance of systems or components they are considering purchasing. For more information on performance tests and performance of Intel products, visit www.intel.com/performance/.