Few people immediately think of touch-screen laptops when they hear the word “convertible.” Most of us still picture fancy cars with removable tops anytime we hear the word. But these days, convertible has taken on a completely new meaning – and when it comes to convertible touch-screen laptop computers like the Ultrabook™, it’s also a word that’s rapidly becoming synonymous with built-in performance, optimum flexibility, and maximum mobility.
Yes, it’s a touch-screen laptop, but an Ultrabook convertible is in a class of its own. The Ultrabook convertible offers you the best of both worlds: full PC performance and touch screen tablet fun that is sleek and responsive.
Full PC performance means you can experience your movies, photos, and games smoothly and seamlessly thanks to visual enhancements built into the Intel® Core™ processor. Tablet fun gives you the best touch-screen experience so you can zoom in on photos, easily play games with your fingertip, and watch movies without the bulk of a keyboard in your way.
There’s a lot more to an Ultrabook convertible than meets the eye, but even we’ll admit that there are few devices as handsome. The Ultrabook convertible boasts a touch-screen experience that has a sleek, super-thin, and lightweight body that makes it easy to carry around.
Ultrabook is so responsive, it wakes up in a flash2 for you to touch, type, or talk, plus it’s always updated.3 The unparalleled responsiveness of the Ultrabook isn’t just there for the sake of convenience. Having the ability to wake up from sleep mode in a flash means that you don’t have to sit and wait to use it anytime you want to touch, type, or talk. Yet another bonus is that it’s always updated so you don’t have to waste valuable time downloading updates.
Ultrabook offers the security you trust to keep your files and your identity safe. It even protects your device from theft, through some smart and cutting-edge anti-theft protections.4 There’s theft detection, which locks down your Ultrabook if it misses a scheduled check-in time. When your device locks down, it makes it impossible for anyone to remove data or format your hard drive without a one-time password. Once that password is used to restore your Ultrabook, all of your data is quickly restored and your device is back to normal.5
All convertible laptops have one central commonality: They can each physically transform from a traditional laptop to a fully responsive touch-screen tablet, and back again, in a matter of seconds. In some cases, the keyboard and screen detach. Others have double-sided screens that can be flipped and folded into tablet or laptop orientations. Still, more have a PC touch screen that can be swiveled or slid to reveal or conceal a built-in keyboard. And in some convertible designs that feature a dual-sided screen, it’s even possible for two people to use the same screen simultaneously: as a traditional laptop on one side, and as a tappable, swipeable tablet on the other.
Are convertible laptop touch computers that affordable? The answer to that question is yes. And they’re even more affordable when you take into consideration two critical points that have been helping to fuel the popularity of notebook touchscreen PCs: the convenience factor and the single-purchase factor.
1. Touch and convertibility may not be available on all models. Consult your Ultrabook™ manufacturer. For more information and details, visit www.intel.com/ultrabook.
2. Intel® Rapid Start Technology requires a select Intel® processor, Intel® software and BIOS update, and Intel® Solid-State Drive (Intel® SSD). Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
3. Intel® Smart Connect Technology requires a select Intel® processor, Intel® software and BIOS update, Intel® Wireless adapter, and Internet connectivity. Solid-state memory or drive equivalent may be required. Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
4. No system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Requires an enabled chipset, BIOS, firmware, and software with data encryption, and service activation with a capable service provider. Consult your system manufacturer and service provider for availability and functionality. Service may not be available in all countries. Intel assumes no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any other damages resulting thereof. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/anti-theft/anti-theft-general-technology.html.
5. No system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Requires an Intel® Identity Protection Technology-enabled system, including a 3rd or 4th generation Intel® Core™ processor, an enabled chipset, firmware, software, and participating website. Consult your system manufacturer. Intel assumes no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any resulting damages. For more information, visit http://ipt.intel.com.